Quality by Experimental Design, 4th Edition
- Shows how statistically designed experiments help explain and resolve problems resulting from unknown process and product interactions
- Describes how to effectively manage the experimentation phases, from planning to execution
- Presents the mathematical aspects of statistical experimental design in an intuitive manner
- Includes many realistic practice problems and examples involving modern computer solutions
Achieve Technological Advancements in Applied Science and Engineering Using Efficient Experiments That Consume the Least Amount of Resources.
Written by longtime experimental design guru Thomas B. Barker and experimental development/Six Sigma expert Andrew Milivojevich, Quality by Experimental Design – 4th edition shows how to design and analyze statistical experiments, drive process and product innovation, and improve productivity. The book presents an approach to experimentation that assesses many factors, builds predictive models, and verifies the models.
New to Quality by Experimental Design 4th Edition
- Updated computer programs used to perform simulations, including the latest version of Minitab®
- Four new chapters on mixture experiments: Introduction to Mixture Experiments, The Simplex Lattice Design, The Simplex Centroid Design, and Constrained Mixtures
- Additional exercises and Minitab updates
A Proven, Practical Guide for Newcomers and Seasoned Practitioners in Engineering, Applied Science, Quality, and Six Sigma
This bestselling, applied text continues to cover a broad range of experimental designs for practical use in applied research, quality and process engineering, and product development. With its easy-to-read, conversational style, the book is suitable for any course in applied statistical experimental design or in a Six Sigma program.